AMG International’s Ministry for Estate Planning and Gift Design
When people think of stewardship, they often think of tithes or the use of resources, but the concept also includes planning for the distribution of your estate. AMG International works with Bruce Owens of Lifestyle Giving to help our ministry partners with their estate plans. Creating an estate plan helps you to make a difference for the future, benefit from tax savings, take care of loved ones, increase retirement income, and steward God’s provisions.
We always begin the process of creating an estate plan by looking at the people and ministries that are dependent on and most important to you. From there, we’ll identify your personal and financial inventory (assets, real estate, savings, pension funds, investments) and then design a comprehensive plan that reflects your passions and goals.
Wills & Bequests
Including a charitable bequest (cash, securities, real estate or other assets) in your will is a simple way to make a lasting gift to AMG International. Most estates have three categories of beneficiaries: heirs, charitable organizations and the government. We encourage you to maximize your gifts to the first two and limit the third. This can be accomplished through careful estate planning.
A bequest is the easiest, most tangible way to create a lasting legacy. It is a gift made through your will, living trust or with a codicil directing a gift to AMG International. There are several ways to structure a bequest by indicating:
- A specific dollar amount
- A percentage of your estate
- A specific piece of real estate
- A specific piece of personal property
- The residue of your estate
Benefits of Making a Bequest
- A bequest is generally a revocable gift that can be changed or modified at any time.
- You leave a lasting legacy for you and your family, and an enduring impact on AMG International.
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family as bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes.
Steps to Make a Bequest
- A bequest is an easy way to make an end-of-life gift to a nonprofit organization or ministry that is impacting the Kingdom.
- With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to AMG International as part of your estate plan.
To make a bequest, speak with your attorney about including AMG International in your estate plan.
If you prefer, you can direct your bequest gift to a specific ministry(s) at AMG International.
Please contact David McCurry, Vice President for Advancement, if you have any questions about how to make a bequest gift to AMG International. David can be reached at (423) 894-6060, ext. 334, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know when you have included AMG International in your estate plans so we can properly thank you for your thoughtful generosity. You can rest assured that your gift will help AMG International’s global ministry efforts aimed at meeting people’s deepest spiritual and physical needs.