Mission & Values
Who we are
We are a Gospel-first global ministry that meets the deepest needs — spiritual and physical — by inspiring hope, restoring lives and transforming communities.
Advancing the Ministries of the Gospel, or AMG International, is a Gospel-first global ministry that has been meeting people’s deepest spiritual and physical needs since 1942. We currently work in over 35 countries, with the goal of inspiring hope in Jesus Christ, restoring lives and transforming communities. By working through local leaders and churches that know their areas best, we tailor our approach to each community using strategies such as poverty alleviation, media evangelism, church planting, medical care and disaster relief efforts.
Our holistic approach recognizes that people in extreme physical need often are not interested in the truth of the Gospel until their basic needs are cared for. Because of this, our ministry reaches people on both spiritual and physical levels. We provide services to the poor, sick and downtrodden, while focusing on the ultimate spiritual need for people to know God in a personal way that inspires hope in their hearts.
The heart of our ministry is our partnership with local leaders and churches. We support and equip them as they faithfully fulfill God’s call to the nations. Their connections with the locals and familiarity with the culture enable them to fully understand the community’s deepest needs and build relationships with the people we serve.
Many people have come to know and trust Jesus Christ through evangelism carried out by AMG International missionaries, national leaders, church planters, schools, radio programs and media evangelism. Thousands of hungry children have been fed and cared for in AMG International youth development centers, and broken bodies have been given medical help in hospitals, clinics and leprosy centers.
Advance the gospel by equipping Christ-centered leaders and local churches around the world to meet the deepest needs in their communities.
Embracing God’s Word and working through God’s people, we passionately pursue our mission with faithfulness as His stewards, doing things with excellence as unto the Lord, accountable to Him for the resources He has entrusted to us and for the results of the ministry, trusting Him for His provision and direction, and building trust among our partners and with each other.
Our vision is that every community in every nation on earth will be redeemed and radically transformed by the love and Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
- in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- in the bodily resurrection of our crucified Lord, His ascension into heaven and His presence there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- in that “blessed hope”—the personal and victorious return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- that all who receive by repentance and faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and become children of God.
- in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- that, according to the specific teachings of the entire Bible, which is the written Word of God, God created man and women as unique biological persons made to complete each other, and that human sexuality in God’s plan is to be expressed only within the context of monogamous marriage between a genetic male and a genetic female, and that such marriage is the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society.
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself is the sole foundation concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, and the board of trustees of AMG International is the final authority on its application for doctrine, policies and practice.
Through cooperative arrangements with like-minded individuals and organizations, AMG International expands its reach and ministry impact. The core of these partnerships is a Scriptural foundation, a desire to share Christ’s love and a heart for the lost. Good faith and responsible stewardship are the operational guidelines that unite us.
Current key strategic partners:
A Word from Tasos
My heart is overflowing with gratitude to God as I reflect on what the Lord is doing to transform lives throughout the world through AMG International. Testimonies such as the following from our colaborers around the world continue coming in to our ministry headquarters in Chattanooga.
A young man in Guatemala who went through our Bridge to Life child and youth development program is now a lawyer, serving others in his community and living his life as a committed follower of Christ…
A young man in Turkey who heard the Good News through advertisements placed on the Internet, by our coworkers in Turkey, is now a believer in Jesus and is preparing for his baptism…
A young lady who suffered with leprosy in India was effectively cared for and treated, and is now cured of the disease. Not only that, but she has trained to be a nurse in order to care for others in need and to express the love of Christ to them…
A pastor trained in Uganda, whose church is growing, is impacting his rural community in amazing ways…
A refugee from Syria made his way to Greece, found Christ, and is now active in sharing the Gospel among his countrymen…
We serve an awesome God, and He is accomplishing marvelous things as you and I partner to make His love known among the least and the lost around the world. The Gospel and His Kingdom are advancing, and together we are impacting the world for Christ.
But much work remains to be done. There are three billion people who have never heard the Gospel. There are millions of precious boys and girls who live in extreme poverty. And, according to one estimate, 85 out of every 100 pastors have had no training. These are areas where we can make a real difference and impact eternity.
With your help this year, we will make progress in meeting the deepest needs and inspiring hope in the 36 countries we serve. Each month more than one million will hear the Good News through our media evangelism efforts. Thousands of children will be cared for, educated and untethered from the cycle of poverty. Thousands of pastors will be trained to effectively serve their communities.
May I ask you to prayerfully consider being part of these ministries? Will you help publish an ad that will reach someone who might never hear the Gospel otherwise? Will you care for a destitute child, giving him or her an opportunity for a better future and introducing that little one to Christ? Will you make it possible to train a pastor to impact a local community for God’s glory? I can’t wait to see what the Lord is going to accomplish this year as together we press on to make Him known around the globe.
~ Tasos Ioannidis